RE: [ST] Electric Vest Thermostat

I have the Gerbing eletric jacket liner, with their electronic thermostat. I
tried using their "BMW adapter" in my accessory socket but I occasionally
knocked it out, catching on my knee as I lifted my foot onto the peg. More
often, though, I'd forget to plug in in at all and couldn't do it with a
heavy-gloved left hand whilst sitting on the bike. Plus, the thermostat had
to carried in my jacket pocket. So, I switched to using the standard
(supplied) fused lead and have the wire coming out where the tank bag strap
goes under the seat @ the gas tank. When I foget to plug in now, I can
actually see what I'm doing without getting off the bike.

I mounted my thermostat in a very convenient place by using a 1" square
patch of adhesive-backed Velcro. Put one half on the thermostat, the other
is stuck to the "female" Fastex fastener on my Triumph Tank Bag pad. Only
mistake I made was putting it on the right side. Duh. Now I've moved it to
the opposite side so my hand doesn't have to leave the throttle to adjust
the temp. This leaves the accessory socket available for my friends (who
have that style plug on their gear) when we swap bikes. And I can easily
switch around power supplies to ride their bikes.

Ken M.