Re: [ST] New Triumph

People like me who bought early '99 models have gone through multiple fuel
senders because we were the guinea pigs for two different problems.

The first problem was fuel senders that stuck or flunctuated wildly.
Triumph redesigned the sender to fix that problem and in doing so they
introduced an even worse bug, fuel senders that leaked.

Many people at first attributed the leaky senders to poor installation. But
that was not the case, it was defective manufacturing. So until Triumph was
convinced they had a big problem they just kept replacing fuel senders.

Finally, they came out with the third version, and that one seems to be
working fine. I had two of the first model, two of the second, and this
last one has had more miles on it than the others combined and it hasn't
had any problems yet.

>I'm having fun so far, but when I took it in for an oil change, both the
>dealer and mechanic were questioning me about if I smelled any gasoline. How
>common is a gas sender leak? Should I be looking forward to it?  How come
>people have to have these things replaced three and four times?

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles

Vote for Northern California! Highway 36, the best damn motorcycle road
I've been on.
'99 Sprint St
'01 KLR650
'97 KLX300