[ST] Oil Choices

Hello All,

Recieved today from Lilley's oil filters and oil filter wrench for my '01
ST. Ordered them online 'cuz nearest dealer is 100 miles away, and I wish to
do as much scheduled maintenance as I'm capable of.  Question.  I'm in USA,
and after checking local Wal-Mart and Advance Auto and finding Mobil-1 for
same price, which grade (if any) of this oil do you have experience with in
the ST, and it seems to work fine? (Clutch and Transmission considerations)
I think I've seen 15-50w, or possibly something close to that. Or am I
making a big mistake in not using Triumph specific Mobil-1? I've only about
1300 miles on my new bike, and use it for short trips (to work) and weekend
recreation (sport riding).

And yes, Ive looked in the archives but didn't find a response specifically
for this question. Any help would of course be greatly appreciated.

Apologies in advance if I've touched on a subject which has been discussed
to death.

TIA,
Bill Sanders