From: Brad Hancock [mailto:hancocklcdr@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: den 15 januari 2002 13:38
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] Garmin GPS V plus

I have one. The turn by turn Nav is nice, but there are drawbacks. As
far as I know, it only works currently with the included software. That
software does not seem to be as detailed as the US Roads and Rec
software is for outlying areas. It concentrates on urban areas. As such,
it is great for cities, but not so great for areas like Deals Gap. I
don't think they did much in the way of updating the coverage. There are
several roads in my area built in the last five years that are still not
covered. This also causes problems, as the Navigation tries to take me
out of the way. All in all, I like it better than the III plus, which I
had previously, but it still has some serious limitations. That being
said, you can still use the previous software for maps, you just don't
get the new Nav feature.