Re: [ST] Triumph fabric clothing

Not all of mine is Triumph (most isnt, actually), but
I'll list my stuff here since you asked for
alternatives.

I have the Triumph cordura (I think that's the
material) paddock jacket with shoulder and elbow armor
and a removable full liner (sleeves and everything -
my Joe Rocket leather only has a 'vest' liner).  This
coupled with a sweatshirt and a long sleeve turtleneck
t-shirt (to keep the neck free from moving cold air)
have kept me nice and toasty.  I think if I ever get
around to buying a balaclava, I can ditch the
turtleneck.  I think I paid less than $150usd for the
jacket when I bought my bike.

My only issue with my jacket is that around the inside
zipper (for the inside breast pocket on the liner) the
cloth is getting threadbear.  Luckily, I know a good
seemstres who should be able to put a new zipper in
for me.

For my legs I currently use Columbia snowboard/ski
pants which do a pretty good job of keeping the wind
out (I've been to 75mph with no ill effects at just
less than 30 degrees F).  The pants have built in
suspender-type straps to keep them from riding down
while in a sitting position.  At the cuff part of the
pant is an extra cuff that can be velcroed to fit your
ankle and is intended to be tucked into a boot to keep
air (also intended for snow) out.  This may end up
being cheaper for you if you're interested in saving
cash (not sure what Triumph wants for their pants),
and can serve dual purpose if you're into skiing or
snowboarding.  I think the pants cost me ~$120usd.

The pants are rugged as hell since they are intended
to hold up under the stress induced by snowboarding
(even the pros fall from time-to-time).  They are also
waterproof, but not sure to what degree.  I know they
keep my butt and knees dry when I'm out boarding and
sitting/kneeling in the snow, but I've not been caught
in rain with them.

For my hands I use Kombi full gauntlet snowboard
gloves.  The gauntlet on the glove is a nylon-type
fabric with elastic to keep the wind out of your
glove/jacket (actually intended for snow).  The gloves
are my least favorite part of my outfit since they're
a little bulky, but they aren't *too* buly - which
I've accepted as a necessary evil.  I paid ~$70usd for
these suckers, but they are the best snoboard gloves
I've ever owned and they're decent cold weather riding
gear too.  The shells of the gloves are also water
proof.

I usually wear a couple of pair of cotton socks and
thinsulate  boots (Doc Martens).  Between the cotton
socks and the boots I wear some thick Carhaart wool
socks.  I've only been out a few times, but I've found
this to be more than enough to keep the tootsies
toasty, I'll probably drop the cotton.

Hope this helps.  I took these options because I didnt
want to spend the cash on heated clothing either and
that the items (except for the jacket) readily serve
other purposes (I actually already owned the snowboard
gear before I started riding).  This way, I only have
to lay out cash once (which was already done) to meet
my needs in two of my favorite things to do.  My lack
of desire for heated clothing comes from a lack of
desire to spend all of the money, and the fact that
I'd forget my own ass if it weren't attached and I'd
just break something while trying to get off of my
bike while still tethered to it by a power cord.

Sorry for the verbosity of the reply, but I hope it
provided some good and helpful info.

- --- Cunningham Andrew <Andrew.Cunningham@xxxxxxxx>