Re: [ST] Carbo Tex undertray for ST/RS

Howdy folks,
 >Been in lurk mode for a while. Erik, thanks for the link to
 >Carbo Tex. Some nice goodies to be found there. I wondered if I was the
 >only lister looking to find someone producing or willing to produce an
 >"Undertray" for the Sprints. I would think that there should be enough
 >interest on the list to get someone to do it. Anyone else?

mmaybe. bikes put away and my imagination isn't good enough to say
definately yes, but maybe.

 >Also wanted
 >to welcome the new peoples to the list. I hope you enjoy your Sprint
 >ST/RS as much as the rest of us here do. A quick note that the
 >following link will take you to a Triumph 8 bike review on Motorcycle
 >News:
 >http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/detail?sectionID=50677&documentID=119
 >658 . They call it a review of "Triumph's 8 most important new bikes",
 >but no RS on the list. Guess there wasn't enough "new" on the RS to get
 >their attention.

And there is on the ST? same changes - chuck in the new motor so they
don't need two variants of the 955i motor. I've no doubt that the only
reason they upgraded the motor is to get better economies of scale in
manufacturing. They've gotta know as well (or better) as everyone else
that the motor was already the best part of the bike.

The journos just can't tell the difference between the RS and the ST.
And who can blame them? If the RS is 'sport' and the ST is 'touring',
why not put better suspension in the RS and make the panniers standard
on the ST? Then they'll both fit into the nice little journalistic cubby
holes a lot better. I know the RS is lighter with a slightly different
steering geometry and a bit more ground clearance, but I'm sure that a
rider of my inability would be completely unable to tell the difference,
too.

 >Boy, do I wish I could find a way to get that
 >"Centennial Edition Daytona" into my garage!
Yep, I've been having severe lust for that bike since I saw the first
pic. That and the Benneli Tornado. And the Bostrom Duc. And about 10
others...

 >I still believe that
 >Triumph made a mistake getting rid of the single sided swing arm on
 >that bike.

Indeedy - it's a few kilos lighter, but still can't keep up with the
CBR9xx, R1, GSXR thou. Why not make it a bit sexier to look at?

danch
'01 BRG ST (take two)