[ST] Re: Garmin Street Pilot III question

Alex,
I use one of these on my part time job to find addresses.  It's kind of
funny, cuz I don't believe it calculates the best route all the time.
And what's sillier, is that it many times will trace a different route
backwards if you ask it to calculate the route to your last way point
(or where you just came from).  I'm talking about city stuff here, not
X-country.  It also does not know 100% of the lanes and intersections.
It tries to tell you to be in a certain lane or to turn left/right off
an interstate and is often wrong because of new construction or it just
doesn't know better.  Dunno.  In any case, it is annoying when she tells
you "Off Route... Recalculating" when you know damn well you're not.
Bottom line is, you cannot get lost with it.  It will eventually get you
to where you're going even if you blow half of the directions.  It
simply recalculates them again and again until you finally listen to her
or  follow a path that you both can agree on.  It's rather entertaining.
Warning: Once you get used to the backlit color display, there's no
going back.

Jonathan West