Re: Chris' Diagnostic work (was[ST] warranty work)

Steve,

Wow, I thought I had it bad. Can't get over 35 MPG?? 35 was my worst on my
Laguna trip last year. I'm usually around 42 or 43. My highest was 48 MPG on
a superslab stretch with a lot of drafting.

The diagnostic work turned up a big zero. CO level checked, bodies sync'd,
the works. The bike runs and sounds great and has plenty of power. Dealer
suggested waiting until the winter gas goes away and then see if any of the
tweeking helped. It's hard to say right now with the gas companies and
government playing with the fuel formulas.

The bottom line was that 42 MPG isn't bad, except when compared to an
identical bike getting over 50. If the summer gas doesn't change it for the
better, and it doesn't get any worse, I'll just live with it.

Hope you do better with yours. 35 MPG seems like a much worse problem. Sure
you're not leaking gas?

Chris "Snow Dawg" Strizver