RE: [ST] Triumph fabric clothing (long)

I have the following Triumph apparel:

Trophy jacket (a now-discontinued style): Heavy, and not recommended anytime
the ambient temps rise above 75F. Absolutely the most storage of any M/C
jacket ever made! It's got 15 pockets. Separate fleece liner, which is used
inverted from the norm when installed as a jacket liner. That liner also has
pockets for the armor, but why, I don't know. The liner makes for nice light
casual outerwear. Waterproof beyond my expectations (I only paid $99 new,
from a discount clearance chain store.) Has a cinch belt, high collar, and
under-the-crotch strap-like connection that keeps it snug and back-breeze
free.  I use this one for the coldest days, with my Gerbing electric jacket
liner (forgoing the fleece). It has more Scotchlite reflective material on
it than any other jacket I've ever seen. This one's my choice for night
riding as well. Bulky, but this one's the best protection I have from
*anything*. The modern equivalent would be the Sympatex Alpine jacket.

Sympatex Frontiers Paddock jacket: Much less bulky, shorter length. I like
this one for temps between 40F and 80F. Much higher ambient, and this one
makes you suffer from a lack of vent panels. (Crack the main zipper by a few
inches though, and you're fine when underway.) It zips (in the back only) to
my Sympatex Frontiers Pants. Little storage, two handwarmer pockets on the
outside, one zippered inside pocket. The very nice quilted liner is good to
about 45F, at which point I'd rather use the Gerbing electric. The liner has
two inside pockets with Velcro closures. That one isn't zippered to the
jacket, but a bit less bulky. This jacket isn't as thick (Denier) as the
Trophy, the price paid for weighing about 1/2 as much. I can move about much
easier in it, however. The jacket is quite waterproof, as long as you keep
the collar snug and "under the drip line" of your helmet. Sleeves are a
little too tight to get the Gerbing gloves inside them, negating those
gloves' waterproof feature.

Sympatex Frontiers pants: A good value. I don't really mind having to take
my boots on & off, because that lack of a full-leg zipper does help ensure
their being waterproof. (And that they sure are!) These are also warm to
wear in summer temps, but I still like to have them on anytie I go for a
longer ride when showers may occur. No stopping to put rain gear on. These
are definitely a perfect length for me & my boots, whether I'm in my Dainese
Touring or my Sidi Vertebra. The quilted liner comes right to the top of the
boot, and the zipper and velcro closure keeps the pants' snug around the
ankle of my boots. I use the liner this time of year (winter), and with one
or two layers of Duofold or Hot Chili's under them, I have no need for
electrics there. Unbelieveable how warm they are under those conditions,
I've ridden in 18F, no problem at all.

Triumph RS Hard Carbon Glove: Hands down, the best glove I own for riding
protection. For rain protection, fuggetaboutit. I love the fit and the feel.
Superb quality of materials and construction. They're not as comfortable nor
offer the tactile feel of my Held 2273's, but I still feel better protected
with them on. Lots of Scotchlite in them too, making them my choice for
night rides. (Which I loathe.) For rain, it's the Held's in warm, Gerbing's
if cold. Yes the Held's soak through, but dry quickly and don't shrink or
bleed color.

I have a lot of other non-Triumph (leather) products, and could write about
that too if you want to hear it. For my young son, I bought him the Motoport
Canyon II jacket. With the two separate liners (quilted thermal and Aerotex
membrane), it's also an awesome jacket. I'd buy one for myself too if I
didn't have so many other items. It's got VENTS! Overall though, it's my
conclusion that the Triumph riding apparrel is excellent quality and a great
value. Very competitive in terms of price/performance.

hth

Ken M.