[ST] Triumph Aspen Suit

John,

Our guides were outfitted in Triumph Aspen suits this summer. We also rent
them to our guests traveling by air and do not want to lug around their
gear. They have worked well and are great cool weather suits. I wear mine
all the time, but it is a hot suit on hot days (above 75 degrees F). Some of
the other guides go back to more breathable outfits on hot days.

They are for the most part, waterproof and only some people experience a
little bit of a leak at the belly where the upp & lower meet. The crotch
stays dry. The fabric on Triumph gear I find superior to the Aerostich in
that it is softer and more flexible. I have worn an Aerostich jacket (their
2 part systlem) in the past & it felt like a stiff canvas army tent (as did
the early Triumph jackets). One downfall of our Aspen suits is the fact that
you have to un-zip from the bottom of the pant to get to fly. Not a major
pain, but a double ended zipper on the legs would allow quicker pee breaks.

I also have a 2 piece, jacket & pant combo. The pants are excellent, but
make sure you get a pair that are long enough when sitting on the bike. The
sizing is very short. I have one of the few matching TT600 jackets and
really like the two piece set up on warmer days. I think if I was going to
go for one suit for all weather, I'd buy the Aspen if I lived in the UK, and
a 2 piece with the frontier pant & longer jacket for a warmer climate.

All the clothing has been well stitched and comfortable. Hope that helps...

Mike Ciebien
Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Holidays
www.rockymtnmoto.com

End of st-digest V2002 #35