RE: [ST] (OT) Garmin Mapsource

I got this answer from garmin about the update of europe and sweden. So
it seemes that they have added some but not even close to all sweden.

.z

Dear Mr Kumlander,

Thank you for contacting the GARMIN Europe cartography department.
The MapSource European City Select CD-ROM that accompanies the GPSV will
contain larger coverage for Sweden, but we cannot promise that the
entire country is going to be covered yet. The ultimate goal for NavTech
(our data vendor), as well as for us, is to offer the whole country,
however it may require some time.

The coverage for Sweden will include the metro areas for Sundsvall,
Gavle and Falun and correspondent regions, however the northernmost
regions, such as Jamtland, Vasterbotten and Norrbotten will not be
included yet.

The Norwegian coverage will be limited to Oslo and southeast coast only,
at least in the first release. We plan to increase this coverage when
our data vendor will be able to offer a larger dataset.

The Helsinki area will be the only coverage for Finland in this release.
Our data vendor plans to slowly extend this coverage to the entire
country, however they are not making any promises for completion of
Finland in the few next years.

For full detail and coverage for Sweden, Norway and Finland please
preview  the City Select on our website at the following address:

http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/
using the "MapSource Map Viewer".

The answer to your other question is that only MapSource products can be
used with GARMIN GPS units and MapSource is a proprietary format and is
closed to other parties.