Re: [ST] Daytime Headlight and Heated grip plug

In your message regarding Re: [ST] Daytime Headlight and Heated grip plug dated
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 07:08:50 -0600, Anderson, Neil G (CPR) said that ...

<snipped>
>ANG(-
>ANG(-  Last time I was in the UK, I was surprised to see several riders with their
>ANG(-  lights switched off.  I'm not sure whether the law requires you to use your
>ANG(-  lights in the UK, but common sense certainly does.  In Germany, bikes also
>ANG(-  have on/off headlight switches, but it is extremely rare to see someone
>ANG(-  riding with their lights off.

Riding in daytime with headlight on dip is recommended but not a legal
requirement in the UK.  On most parts of the European mainland it is a legal
requirement.

However, the currently proposed EU legislation for all vehicles to have
day-time lights means that the bikes will lose their edge as far as visibility
goes - what then?

- --
Mike Bostock
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/