Re: [ST] Daytime Headlight and Heated grip plug

Charlie McCullough wrote:

>>The other rare situation where I turn my lights off is if I'm approaching
>>vehicle that is deciding whether or not to pull out, I believe the driver
of
>>that vehicle has seen me, and I want to help that driver better judge my
>>speed.

> I _never_ accept that a driver in this situation has seen me. And even
less
>trusting in their ability to judge my speed. Seems to be too much left to
>unknown variables ("did they see me? And are they a good judge of speed")
>suit me.

A few years ago, I was riding a friend's bike through London when I saw a
bus starting to pull out of a car park into my path.  I flashed my high beam
as a warning.  The driver thought I was inviting him to drive out in front
of me, so he did.  The story has several morals:

- - you can't ride a Suzuki GSX-F up the steps of a London bus
- - even if you could, you'd be thrown off for not having a ticket
- - if you're going to wreck a bike, make sure it's not yours
- - if you're going to wreck a friend's bike, make sure you don't care about
the friend
- - if you do care about the friend, make sure you can pay for the damage
- - it's better to brake hard and swear than assume someone has seen you
- - one man's warning flash is another man's "go ahead".  Don't ever do funny
stuff with your lights.

Neil