RE: [ST] Re: Gas mileage, Ken, Rob?

>Ken Haylock wrote: that a gas mileage "killer is use of panniers and a
top-box which generate loads of aerodynamic drag..

KEN,
I commute with the top box.  I have the three piece set so I'll leave the
top box at home and start using the side hard bags.

>Rob Opiela wrote: "A dirty air filter can clobber your gas mileage".

ROB,
I bought the bike from a guy who lives on a dirt road, so I'll have the air
filter checked out as you suggest.  I'll also run the fuel injector cleaner
through a few tanks, and change the fuel filter.  Is there a particularly
good injector cleaner that you would recommend?

A mechanic told me that my throttle bodies are out of sync, and that a valve
adjustment might help mileage? I think I'll have the 12,000 service done at
9,000 and just be done with it.

Thanks for the help, VB