Re: [ST] Heli-Bars vs. Gen-mar, Mike

Mike, I am sooo confused.

Mike wrote: "The Heli bars raise the grip location, however, they move the
grip location
forward from the stock ST position".

In an achieved post #018, 2001 you also wrote:  "With Heli bars you can
achieve an almost straight up posture, but, you won't feel as connected to
the bike as you will with the stock bars."

1) Heli-bar claims that their adjustable ST touring bar can be adjusted 2"
higher than stock and 1 1/2" closer to the rider without changing any
cables.

2) Gen-mar claims that their raiser is 1 1/4" high with no set-back.  They
send a new brake cable for installation with their raiser because the stock
one isn't long enough .

3) Why would stock cables work with helibars, which, produce a total change
of  3 1/2" but not with gen-mar's 1 1/4"  change?

4) Mike, you mentioned that the helibar's setback is about an inch FORWARD
of the stock bars.  However, helibar claims that they are adjustable.  Is it
your opinion that the helibars can not be adjusted 1 1/2" behind stock like
they claim?

So, I take it you've tried both the helibars and the gen-mar raisers.  And,
you think that gen-mars provide a more upright riding  position than the
helibars "almost straight up posture"?

Sorry, but I'd really like to nail this down, and without having tried both
products it's very difficult to do.  I get that you felt disconnected from
the bike using the helibars.  But setting that dislike aside, which actually
offers the most upright riding position, the helibars or gen-mars?
Logically, if one is to believe the stats that helibar provides they should
offer a much more upright riding position than the gen-mars.  However, your
practical experience seems to indicate otherwise.

Thanks for the help, VB