From: John P Freitag [mailto:jpfreitag@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 11:10 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] Atlanta MC show-Food

Dennis,

Any good northern Thai (issan) places in Hotlanta?

John

"Since you are mobile, and carnivorous, I'll recommend two places off
the top of my head. The Longhorn Steakhouse on Peachtree St. across from
'Houstons Restaurant' in Buckhead is the best location for that chain.
Bar and table seating,peanut shells on the floor, a couple of tv's. Best
value for money.Not to be confused with 'Bones' or 'Ruth Chris'. A new
place, called'Fogo de Caoi'[sp?], is on Piedmont Ave., near Peachtree
St. in Buckhead.It's Argentinian; all you can eat,flip up a red dot when
you want to stop, green to carry on.Bacon wrapped around filet, steak
cut from any part of flossie[moo] you can think of,chicken six ways to
Sunday and a salad bar that features crustaceans and smoked salmon and
other cold cut delights.The waiters are gauchos, serving the protein on
skewers! The catch?, the place is popular, and it's a prix fix meal. The
salad bar is $20+ -, the main feast plus salad is around $48. Full bar
and a good wine list. Once you are seated, the food comes hard and fast.
And for lunch, you can eat buffet Indian food across I-285 on the east
side of hwy.41. 'Caoi Bella' on Pharr Rd. between Piedmont Ave and
Peachtree St. is low key Italian.There is always a rissotto special and
you cant go wrong with the 'tres funghi' pasta.Also a good wine and
chianti selection! Dennis if all else fails, there is a krystal burger
and a hooters near the galleria!!!!!  I'll be going to the show on
Saturday morning,so if you want to hook up, let me know and I'll give
you my pager #.If you want more food options, like dim sum,pho,seafood
or whatever, just let me know.My email at work is
Dennis.Bassarab@xxxxxxxxxx .4048852435."

- ---

*