From: Charlie McCullough [mailto:charliem90@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 2:17 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] rotor replacement?

By EBC's, I'm assuming you are referring to the Pro-Lite Rotors they have
available.....

I've never used 'em on a Triumph but have used them on Ducs and Aprilia's
(race bikes). Nice rotors. Only thing to be careful about is mounting your
brake calipers back up - you will most likely need to shim the calipers so
they're centered over the rotors. Easy to do but it takes a little time.
Kits I've used before (the "race" version of them) included shim spacers for
calipers.........

Nice thing about the EBC's (at least the "race" version) is that they're
field rebuildable - EBC will sell you new parts to rebuild them yourself and
they come with extra buttons included so that as the rotors expand under
heat cycling, you can replace stock buttons with smaller so they don't bind.

My only complaint with 'em is that the hub color (bright blue on race
rotors) tends to fade (rather quickly) over time. Not important on race bike
but might make a difference if you're looking to maintain nice appearance on
street bike......

As far as bolts - you can use existing bolts. When you remove the older
rotors, strip any old locking compound from the bolts (Lacquer Thinner is an
excellent stripping agent) and then retorque to proper values using new
locking compound (I use Red Loctite)

HTH

Charlie McCullough
tz250 WERA #90