[ST] Motor Oil Observations

FYI, I use 100% synthetic motorcycle oil in my bike and it's 20W50.  I won't
give away the brand other than to say it's an American company that makes
it.  Hey...relax...I hear some of you saying "that's 20W50 is way to heavy".
Well, actually, no it's not AND when you see the rest of the message, you'll
understand the benefit of the 50 weight.

Anyway, I regularly do oil analysis on my oil when I change it.  My usual
oil change interval is 6000 kms (3600 miles).  Every single time I've done
an analysis, it comes back with a viscosity loss due to shearing.  The very
most likely cause of this is due to the oil running through the gearbox.
The viscosity drops enough that the viscosity at 100 deg C (212 F) is in the
range of a 40 weight oil.  I have seen another Daytona riders analysis and
his are just like mine except he runs 10W40 and therefore, his viscosity
drops to a 30 weight oil.

I haven't tried any other synthetic brands (especially esters) to see if
they would be any better.  One thing I can say with some certainty is that
if you are running regular dinosaur oil in your bike, it could be shearing
and losing viscosity sooner than a synthetic.