[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #49

Does anyone have any tire recommendations for me and my 2001 Sprint ST?

I have the stock Battleax BT57 tires from when I purchased the bike, and for
my type of riding (mostly one-up, mostly highway, every once in a while i'll
hit the twisties), they seem to be performing fine for me.

I have 2200 miles on these tires, and after a pre-ride inspection, noticed
that I picked up a nail in the rear tire (it's in the tread, but on the
right hand side of the tire)

The nail looks dug in pretty good, and I hate the idea of riding on a
plugged tire, so I am now in the market for at least one tire.

Every place I have called can not get their hands on a BT57 rear tire (too
old), so it looks like I need an entirely new rear tire, if not both.

My questions are:

- - Any tire recommenations from other ST riders?
- - Is riding on tires with different tread patterns a 'no-no'?
- - Has anyone had experience with riding a plugged tire?

Thanks,

Charles Zino
'01 Sprint ST - Red
Dacula, GA