Re: [ST] Triumph Website

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Steve Lawler wrote:

> Apparently someone is either listening to the grumbling or reassessing
> the web site. I looked at the dealer section this morning and, instead
> of 7, there are 50 dealers on a page.

A friend of mine is a web developer de excellence, and has said many a
time that it is quite difficult to come up with the look that is
required but at the same time works on wintel[9x,2k,nt]*[netscape, ie] +
mac*[netscape, ie] + linux&netscape (of course the later usually comes
out if you can get the wintel's and mac's working.

She even tests at home wiht a 56.6 modem, although I think they now have
a reduced bandwidth link in a lab now. Anyway, her most recent content
can be found at www.barney.com (of course she will probably kill me for
letting this out to the mo-cycle world)

Anyway, what looks good when you have all the flash/director/streaming
media files on a local server can be a disaster when you go live.

I think the developer that Triumph hired has got some cool ideas, but
is quickly learning that there are several other things that you
have to consider when you build a web site.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 10 months old, 14,800 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500