[ST] General replies, very little actual MC content

To all the non-Mini fans, non-geeks out there, sorry for the non-MC content. So I will
keep the replies short.

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Jeff Jenkins wrote:
> > I forwarded this to a couple of friends who are also interested in the
> > mini, and they came back with the general comment
> >
> > **** WE WANT VIDEO ****
> >

> Done!   It's a large file, so be warned... 6.3 megs of quicktime movie
> bliss.  Shot on a Canon GL-1 and editied using Apple IMovie.
>
> http://68.53.124.2/minicooper.mov

Jeff, again many thanks!

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 TrumpST@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Did you try changing the year of the search?  There should be a lot of posts
> from 2001 & 2000 about windshields.
>
> Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
>
> PS.  My  apologies if this ends up being HTTP loaded, I finally got a
> computer at home and I'm playing with the free AOL until I find sutible
> broadband and e-mail.  Did you know AOL sez you can't browse their e-mail
> with OE?  Stupid.

Well, as far as I am conserned AOL / TimeWarner /
whatEverCompaniesTheyHaveRecentlyAssimilated are going to get a bit of
slack from me since they are fight M$ and supporting their (Netscape)
browser technology. Of course IMNSHO only, YMMV

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Bil Swartz wrote:

> I hope so, and I hope others I've run into lately do as well.  Back when I
> was learning HTML those teaching like Laura Lemay stressed the importance
> of content over appearance.  The design entered in with navigation.
>
> Too bad people get lost.  I miss gopher.

Ah yes, as well X500 (can't remember if gopher used X500) directory
services and information services. I can remember way back in school a
couple of professors expected simular technologies to revolutionize
information delivery and such.

Great profs, IBM scholars and all, but I guess they missed the whole
port 80 thing :-)

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 10 months old, 14,800 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500