Re: [ST] Turbulence [was: ZG DB & ST and Stock screen comparison pictures]

In your message regarding Re: [ST] Turbulence [was: ZG DB & ST and Stock screen
comparison pictures] dated Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:07:43 -0500, Mitch Miglis said
that ...

>MM-  Have ZG bubble screen. The ST does feel very unstable with crosswinds.
>MM-  Recently rode in stiff wind and had to drastically reduce speed near traffic
>MM-  to maintain steady line. Had Honda ST1100 and the Honda was very stable in
>MM-  cross winds...maybe the Honda's weight, maybe the windscreen. Not sure...but
>MM-  I will be cautious with the Triumph in wind.

I think the winds must be different this side of the Atlantic :-)

I came back from the Loire valley heading north through the Cherbourg peninsula
in Force 8 - 9 crosswinds [and rain :-((], two up with panniers and topbox, and
was expecting a really bad trip on the exposed parts especially as my wife is a
very inexperienced pillion. The Sprint was exceptionally stable in the x-winds
compared to other bikes I have ridden.  Yes I got slammed more than a few times
but wasn't pushed more than 3 to 4 feet off track, more disconcerting was the
squeaks in my ear from the passenger via the Autocomm :-)

- --
Mike Bostock
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/
Wales & SW ST Riders