Re: [ST] Turbulence

At 01:34 29/01/2002 +0000 Mike Bostock wrote:
>I think the winds must be different this side of the Atlantic :-)
>
>I came back from the Loire valley heading north through the Cherbourg
>peninsula
>in Force 8 - 9 crosswinds [and rain :-((], two up with panniers and
>topbox, and
>was expecting a really bad trip on the exposed parts especially as my wife
>is a
>very inexperienced pillion. The Sprint was exceptionally stable in the x-winds
>compared to other bikes I have ridden.

Must be a southern thing Mike as I hate my ST in the wind. When the wind
hits it the front just seems to want to tuck in and send me on my arse. I
know at these moments I need to relax but it does become quite trouser
browning at times. Turbulance on motorways behind wagons at times also
brings in the odd twitch.

Some say its okay others not, as the bike is the same design does it boil
down to rider weight, rider style or suspension settings or a combination?

I find the above to be so nerve raking that the ST will probably not be
replaced by another next year when I come to change the bike.

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

"Cymraeg (Welsh) Dawg & Long Tail (00 Blue ST)"