[ST] A few minor problems

Mike- I might be the wrong guy to answer your question, as I still have
the original tune, but AFAIK the tune is loaded with the bike off. Don't
see how "lack of back pressure" would affect that. I also remember
someone having a problem with downloading a tune.  It turned out that
the battery was a little low and would drop below voltage levels that
were acceptable to the TDT to continure loading the tune.  I would have
the dealer fully charge the battery and try again.
Now if what he meant was "There is no tune that will give acceptable
results with this muffler" that's a  little different. But then again,
you've already proved your bike runs fine with it, yes?  Based on what
you've said, I think maybe it's a case of not really knowing what he's
talking about. IMHO a good tech nows exactly what tune their loading and
what's different/better about it compared to the earlier ones. Not
knowing what tune it was kinda qualifies him, don't you think?  Reminds
me of the dealer that did my 12K service who told me that they didn't
adjust the two valves that were out of spec because "we never adjust
them unless they're ALL OUT!!!"
Here's a thought.  Bet him a CF can that it's not your exhaust. When he
puts it on and the tune STILL won't load, THEN you tell him to charge
the battery.  Then, when he finishes loading the tune, all you'll have
to do is figure out how you're going to ride home carrying your old
muffler!
Good luck. Dying to hear how it turns out.

David
'99ST