Re: [ST] Home again, home again

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 08:04:16AM -0500, Richard & Lisa White wrote:
> Glad to hear you made it home safe and "sound"!  At least the CO cop
> you encountered on Sunday just warned you.  When we got to Pagosa
> Springs on the Sunday after the Rallye, we stopped at a gas station
> and talked to a NM ST rider and his friend who was on an older
> Kawasaki.  The ST rider hadn't known about the Rallye.  At any rate,
> when they were coming down 550 that morning, the Kawasaki rider got to
> meet the same officer that some riders we talked to met a couple of
> days before when going into Silverton.  Those earlier riders, however,
> received a warning.  Evidently, 29 mph over the limit warrants a
> ticket, not a warning, and the rider gets to go back in September and
> talk with the judge.  The officer told him it could be a $10-400 fine.
> . . . .

Someone needs to put a sign out there as you're coming down from the
pass toward that straightaway:  "CO State Patrol Ahead"  The officer
would never see it, as he just seems to go back and forth on that juicy
flat stretch.

CSP:  "Now, what's the speed limit in this county?"
All in Unison: "40 mph"

Laters,
Brian
- --