RE: [ST] Front plates for Aussies

> Hmmm.  I dont live down under, but I'd like to think
> that a more appropriate response to the 'minority'
> behaving in wreckless fashion would be a better
> enforcement mechanism.

The problem is that the speed camera's take a photo from the front to give
the Police the best chance of catching you speeding (if they take it from
behind you've had time to see it and slow).  But, at night they must photo
the back so that the flash doesn't go off in the face of the oncoming
driver.

The solution to the problem is simply to take two photos of each offender
during daylight hours - one from the front and one from the back.  Bikes
down here have never had front plates.  It's only become an issue because
the speed cameras can't fine speeding riders.  Now, is that a badly designed
bike or a badly designed speed camera?  I'm thinking the latter.

Bambi