Re: [ST] Help! Gas Leak! Ahhh, it burns!!!!

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 04:36:23PM -0500, Chris Warren wrote:
> No joke, my 2001 ST (1130 miles) started leaking gas just now (on the way
> home from work).  I haven't looked at it yet, because I remembered seeing
> someone else with the same problem recently and because even if I saw where
> it was leaking from I doubt I'd be able to diagnose/fix it.  This is my
> first bike and I've got almost everything to learn.  I'm going outside now
> to take a look, I guess the first thing to do is pull the gas tank (I hope
> there's instructions in the manual).  The leak appeared on the right side
> above the frame rail and below the gas tank.  Other than the fact that it
> soaked through my jeans and burned, that's all I know at this point.  I am
> concerned that if I try to ride it to a dealer (more than 45 minutes away)
> it may catch fire going down the road (wouldn't that be cool to see - from a
> distance of course?).  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Can you call your dealer and see if they'll come get the bike?  Anything
that bad sounds dangerous to ride and with a bike that new, you'd think
they'd offer to help you out.  I would call them and be very upset and
stress what a dangerous thing this is to happen, and they should be
lucky you didn't go up in flames already.

Taking the tank off is not a big deal, but part of what you paid for is
the warranty on a new Sprint, you should make them deliver.

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black)