RE: [ST] Help! Gas Leak! Ahhh, it burns!!!! - Resolved?

You are correct (although it's not the red one, but the white plastic one on
the line that plugs into the tank above where the red one goes).  I just
called a local dealer (Polaris West - outside of Houston).  The guy I talked
to said he has seen two of these already.  He said that the part number has
changed which he believes means that the part has been
changed/replaced/fixed(?) and has ordered a new fuel line from which I will
take the fitting and replace mine.  When the fitting comes in a week or two
I'll update the board.  BTW, since you've identified another potential fuel
leak, can you also post the name of the company that has the metal fittings
for the red quick-connect fitting?

As for Brian's suggestion about towing, the dealer said that no manufacturer
pays for towing.  Oh well, I think I'll send an e-mail or letter to Triumph
and see what they have to say about it.

Thanks

Chris

>Ah yes! Sounds like the old quick disconnect problem a lot of people have
>had, including myself.  You shouldn't have to take the tank off to see the
>problem.  Simply pop the rear body work off from the front around the tank
>and seat and pull it back a little.  You'll see a red quick disconnect.
>This
>is most likely your problem.  You'll have to pull on it a little cause
>where
>it breaks is where the collar fits into the disconnect.  If it's broken,
>you
>have two choices, replace it with another one from the dealer or buy a
>metal
>one from E-Z Flow which will last forever. They are located in San Diego,
>I'd give you the number but I don't have it here at work.  My local shop
>has
>started carrying these as replacements instead of the plastic ones.
>
>Good luck!
>
>John
>Austin
>'01 ST BRG