From: Chris Warren [mailto:chrisamywarren@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 2:36 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Help! Gas Leak! Ahhh, it burns!!!!

No joke, my 2001 ST (1130 miles) started leaking gas just now (on the way
home from work).  I haven't looked at it yet, because I remembered seeing
someone else with the same problem recently and because even if I saw where
it was leaking from I doubt I'd be able to diagnose/fix it.  This is my
first bike and I've got almost everything to learn.  I'm going outside now
to take a look, I guess the first thing to do is pull the gas tank (I hope
there's instructions in the manual).  The leak appeared on the right side
above the frame rail and below the gas tank.  Other than the fact that it
soaked through my jeans and burned, that's all I know at this point.  I am
concerned that if I try to ride it to a dealer (more than 45 minutes away)
it may catch fire going down the road (wouldn't that be cool to see - from a

distance of course?).  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

TIA

Chris Warren

Confidentiality Note:  This e-mail, and any attachment to it, contains
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) or entity named on the e-mail.  If the reader of this e-mail
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
reading this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately return it to the sender and delete it
from your system.

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are believed to be free from virus.
However it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are
virus free.  We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising
in any way from the receipt, opening or use of this e-mail and any
attachment(s). Thank You.