Triumph Soft Luggage

Hi,

I am preparing for my first short trip with my Triumph Soft bags for my RS
and I question the weight limits posted for the bags of 3 kg per bag.  That
is not very much stuff.  I am going to the Mt. St. Helens Raid July 12-14 in
Kelso, WA and I want to know how others approach this limit.  I suspect there
is a considerable safety margin designed into this number, but how much is
too much.  I was pleased to note that they rode nicely with 5 lbs per bag on
my test romp Saturday.

Thanks for your responses.

Steve Knudsen
'00 RS - Lucifer Orange