RE: [ST] Front plates for Aussies

In the state of New South Wales (Australia) the current speed cameras in
use will only take photos of rear number plates - be they car or
bike.  This is a safety issue as they don't want drivers startled by a
flash, also privacy issues of taking a person's photo through the
windscreen.  So all this garbage about bikes "must have" front number
plates as they are "getting away with it" is exactly that.  As far as I
know the current government has no plans to change they way speed or (red
light cameras) work in this state.  Any campaign aimed at enforcing bikes
to have front number plates (eg a local paper out here - backed by the
local cops) is therefore just motorcylist bashing.

Michael (01 BRG ST)