RE: [ST] Crashed ST, Now to Decide

Linda,

Two things:

A: If you want less plastic, Sprint RS! If you liked your ST but now feel a
need to protect that plastic, our friend John King at
http://www.skykingproducts.com has EXCELLENT frame sliders to protect it in
the *now* less likely event of a fall.

B: The FZ-1 is a great bike, but be forewarned it's got a much more
sensitive throttle than a Sprint ST. My friend Dave had his stock Fazer
dyno'd at 122.3 rear wheel HP. No ST I know of could touch that without a
turbo. Most '99-'01's dyno at under 99rwhp, some '02's give up 8 more.

Dave has also fitted a nice kit of 3 Givi bags on his FZ-1, and the color
(silver) matched almost exactly. The only think he noted is that with any
weight in the bags, the front end now comes up @ 7,000 rpm in the first 3
gears, instead of @ 8,000 rpm in the first two. A good bike, but alas,
completely soulless. Plenty of spirit, but no character.

Ken M.
'00 RS

- -----Original Message-----
From: Linda Combe

>I low-sided on the TAA ride on June 15th & the bike sustained so much
damage, the insurance company totalled it.  Now I am looking at bikes that
do not have so much plastic.  The Triumphs do not have enough protection for
their parts  (and their parts are so expensive) and so tomorrow I am going
to test-ride a Yamaha FZ-1.   My club members may even keep me with a Jap
bike.<snip>