Re: [ST] Crashed ST, Now to Decide

Linda have you talked to your insurance company to see if they'd sell the bike back to you?  A friend of mine bought a 99 Sprint ST that was totaled.  Everything was in great condition except for the fairing and radiator.  He turned it into a naked Streetfighter. Looks good.  only thing that needs covering in my opinion is the radiator on the leftside.  Also is the plastic just scratched up or is it actually cracked and broken.  If it is just scratched up really bad, get an estimate on repairing the plastic.  That's what I did.  My bike also was about to be totaled.  If the estimate to repair is low enough to keep the bike from being totaled then ask your insurance company to re-evaluate.  Also what I noticed was that anything that had a scratch on it was declared in need of replacement.  like the corner of the lower forktube.  I mean is a little bit of cosmetics that next to noone is going to notice going to deprive you of your Triumph!  On the times that my bike has been i!
n the
shop due to a lowside, I have made it a point to go through the estimate myself to make sure that something that could be fixed is fixed instead of replaced to keep the costs down.  I do this to make sure I don't get shafted on my bike.  The last lowside I even had them take some stuff off.  Stuff I replaced out of my pocket.  Like the windshield and the muffler.  I was wanting to upgrade those items anyway.  So do give up, fight, fight the dying of the ligh ;)

At 05:33 PM 7/5/02 -0400, you wrote:
>I low-sided on the TAA ride on June 15th & the bike sustained so much
>damage, the insurance company totalled it.  Now I am looking at bikes that
>do not have so much plastic.  The Triumphs do not have enough protection for
>their parts  (and their parts are so expensive) and so tomorrow I am going
>to test-ride a Yamaha FZ-1.   My club members may even keep me with a Jap
>bike.
>
>Linda Combe

Lex "Digital Dawg" Offer
reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx
2000 Lucifer Orange Sprint ST (no that's not a typo)
1986 VF1000 F-2 Bol d'Or

End of st-digest V2002 #380