Re: [ST] braking

In your message regarding [ST] braking dated Tue, 09 Jul 2002
07:25:40 -0500, serlick@xxxxxxxxxxx said that ...

>s-  Colin & all:
>s-  	Bad technique to brake in a corner. Yes, we (older and more experienced ST owners) all know that the bike will do
this.
>s-  	There is no cure for poor riding technique. Get thee to an MSF course and/or track school and learn how to corner
properly.

Succinctly (but probably not very tactfully ;-) ) put.

I must admit that I used to charge into corners and brake late until
I was shown the error of my ways.

Slow in and fast out is definitely much better.

*However*, there are two situations that demand braking in a corner
IMHO

a) Downhill steep hairpins on an iffy surface (as found in various
European mountain regions!) where engine braking is not sufficient to
stop the bike accelerating away I tend to gently use the back brake
only to bleed off speed.

b) When you go round a blind corner and some a******e is coming
towards you in a camper van on your side of the road!!!!!

- --
Mike Bostock
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/