speaking of 'fall in' (Re: [ST] Re: tire pole again)

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 11:57:59AM -0400, Jonathan West wrote:
> Eric Mann asked about BT010's
>
> Eric,
> I have a set on the ST (front and back) and here are my impressions.
> BTW, I consider myself to be more aggressive than most.
>
> Immediately notice that the front tire makes the bike feel more twitchy
> straight up.  The trade off is that it makes it more flickable.  I don't
> care for it personally as I like it more neutral and less willing to
> fall over in a turn.  I'd rather wrestle it down into a corner than have
> it fall in.

I tried researching this in the archives, but didn't have much luck.  I
remember someone talking about fall in being a common problem to some
tires, but can't remember which they were talking about? maybe it was
Dunlops?  I'm running a D207 front D205 rear.  Something I noticed at
the Western Rallye was that my lines were not good.  I was turning in
too soon and cutting apexes too sharp.  I tried to conscientiously make
my turn-ins less sharp, but found it difficult.

It might be just me, but Dunlops are all I've run since I got the bike,
which constitutes my entire sport riding experience, so I don't have
much comparison.

Laters,
Brian
- --