drop the sump, I like it(Re: followup(Re: [ST] help! balance shaft mystery))

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 11:49:30PM +0100, Jez wrote:

> [...]

Hrm, possibly.  Looking at the exploded diagram of the cases, it looks
like there might be openings under there you could see through.  I'm
going to read the Lubrication section over and might give this a go
tonight.  Thanks for the idea.

>From what I've seen of the RS so far I think I'd be happy to do an
>engine strip - it all seems to be made of "real metal" and gives you
>reasonable confidence that it should go back together the same as it
>came apart.

Yeah, doesn't look *too* hard, but the shop guy told me it's a 20 hour
job.  Of course, I've found shops will always try to discourage you from
doing anything yourself.  Plus, it's a relatively new engine, so you
might not even have the hassle of rusted off studs, stuck gaskets, etc.

Still, I'm hoping it won't come to that.

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black)