Re: [ST] Motorycle salvage yards??

Robbie <rmcclaran@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Recently a lister described totalling out his ST. I'm
> wondering what happens to those bikes, and their usable
> parts, after the insurance company takes them away. Seems
> like someone somewhere would parting them out and selling
> them off. Anybody know where old wrecked Triumphs go?

They go to that great Triumph graveyard in the sky, full of dreams of
endless twisty roads where every day is the perfect day for a ride.  The sky
there is always a brilliant blue with a few puffy clouds and it is never too
hot or humid.  It rains, but only between the hours of 3AM and 5AM so the
road is dry by dawn.  And the sunsets are always full of brilliant colors.
At nights the stars twinkle and the moon is always full, lighting the road
well enough that you don't even need your high beams.

Right now I'm dreaming of that place while sitting here with one eye covered
with a patch hoping it will heal to better than the 20/200 vision it has now
so that I will eventually be able to ride again.  :-(  After almost 9 months
of non-riding and trying to get past the injuries I sustained in May 2001 I
finally was riding (twice: 175 miles and 225 miles) with little pain, and
then I total my eye in a "sports" injury.

Newcomers to the list won't know me -- I dropped off the list at Christmas.
If you want the full, gory story of my previous injuries search the archives
for my postings last May.  For those that do know my story it is now 14
months and still no insurance money, even for the totalled gear!

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers