[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #404

At 9:55pm, Jul 18,  owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx Hath Written:

> From: Charlie McCullough <charliem90@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [ST] Mime-Version: 1.0
>
> Anyone have experience with one of these jackets?:
> http://www.marseeproducts.com/page/adventure.html
>
> Have some questions/Looking for some opinions. Contact off-list if you like.

I have one and am pretty pleased with it. I can vouch for the
waterproofing.  10 days of riding through drizzles and downpours
and there were no leaks or wetspots.  And it's definitely more
comfortable and pliable than an Aerostich.  The manufacturing and
stiching seem to be pretty solid and I have no complaints.

 Three minor quirks:

1) It's a little short in back, at least compared to the Aerostich Darien.
This means it rides up and you'll feel that cold touch on your lower back.
But that may be because I bought the smallest jacket I could wear so I
wouldn't have overly long sleeves and great bulk when not riding.

2) It doesn't have the pocket space of the Darien.

3) The liner is fastened to the end of the sleeve by two elastic
loops over two buttons.  I'm worried that some day those loops
will break or a button will fall off and then it will be a bear
to get that fixed.

Kevin Liske
'99 Sprint in Black

The Not So Much Evil Really, As Just Generally Disagreeable Axis