Re: [ST] Help!

When you say it almost turns over, do you mean the starter, or the engine?

If the starter doesn't crank, then check the relay and any possible
loose connections between the battery and the starter. Hopefully
you've already looked at the kill switch?

If the starter cranks but the bike won't start, then you need to
check the other items needed for ignition: air, fuel, spark. Unless
your bike swallowed a bird, it's probably fuel or spark. Spark is
easiest to check for so try that first.

At least you have a donor bike if you need to swap parts to do the
troubleshooting. Good luck.

>Here's my problem.  We thought we had a dead battery in my ST that
>wouldn't hold a charge.  She tries to start, and she ALMOST turns over,
>but doesn't quite get there.  I put a new battery in, and she wouldn't
>start.  I continued to charge the new battery, and she wouldn't start.
>I changed the put the new battery in Richard's bike and his in mine, and
>his started right up.  Mine would still not start with his battery (that
>had been running his bike just fine).  Any suggestions as to what we
>might look at???  We're leaving August 1 for the Rallye and we're NOT
>traveling on one bike, if I have to beg, borrow, or steal to get mine
>repaired . . . .

- --
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://members.cox.net/aestheticdesign
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned