RE: [ST] Help!

If the starter doesn't crank, then check the relay and any possible
loose connections between the battery and the starter. Hopefully
you've already looked at the kill switch?

The starter does crank, but it just won't turn over.  I did think to
check the kill switch, although it was not the first thing I looked at.
We have also checked fuses and the kick stand switch, all of which
appear to be fine.

If the starter cranks but the bike won't start, then you need to
check the other items needed for ignition: air, fuel, spark. Unless
your bike swallowed a bird, it's probably fuel or spark. Spark is
easiest to check for so try that first.

Since time is of the essence, and we've not done much maintenance
ourselves, we're taking it to one shop tomorrow to get the tire put on
it that was supposed to get put on it today, and then we're taking it to
a Triumph shop in South Houston.  We've told them they have 12 days to
figure out what's wrong and get any needed parts. . . . I just wanted to
make sure we had checked quite a few of the obvious things first. . . .

Richard's bike is due for his 36,000 service on Friday (in Austin), and
we'll probably take it there in the back of a truck since we won't be
able to get my bike by then, and he's got a very sore back at this time.
He fell off a horse when we were in Hot Springs, AR this last weekend.
I'm sure he won't be riding until we leave for the Rallye.

At least you have a donor bike if you need to swap parts to do the
troubleshooting. Good luck.

Thanks!!

Lisa