From: Eric Gustafson [mailto:ericsg@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 12:44 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Speedo's Off

The gauge, not the shorts that is.  Anyway, speedometer error seems to be a
common problem for the ST's as I've noticed here on the list.  My question
is, has anyone gotten theirs replaced or fixed under warranty?  Mine's off
by about 7 mph (reads faster than true speed both via gps and lidar tests).
Being electronic, my local speedometer shop can't easily change gears and
electronic 'tinkering' may cost upwards of $300+.   Bigger series tires
(common fix for cars) isn't an option afaic.  Aparently some folks have
purchased bicycle computers for their bikes.   More power to y'all.
However, once again I have to say for paying $10k for a new bike, everything
ought to work correctly out of the crate.    So, anyone get their
speedometer corrected at Triumph's dime?

Regards,
Eric
Portland, OR
01 BRG ST