[ST] weird throttle happenings!

Hi guys and girls,

I have a 99 ST with about 35,000Km on it and have never had a problem.
However this morning I rode to work and found that when I turned the
bars to the right (to manouvre or turn the 'engine management' and
'fuel' lights came on and the engine cut.  On one occasion this caused
me to be stuck in the middle of the road whilst turning right.  I didn't
appreciate it!

I have been off list for some time so excuse me if this has been dealt
with.   I am presuming that it is a throttle cable problem.

Has anyone else had this happen.  I did pull on the cable to loosen it
around the 'forks' however it still cut out and the lights came on again.

I would appreciate any advice.  It feels 'yuk' that it is doing this
after being faultless for over two years.

TIA

Tux
Goulburn
OZ