Re: [ST] Remus Exhaust Ride Report

On 7/23/02 3:56 PM, "al bailey" <acb@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dennis Griffin wrote:
>>
>> On 1/28/02 1:13 PM, "Erik Miner" <Axeis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> With temps in the 60's! here in NJ and me off today I figured I gotta
>>> ride.. Anyway's the Remus from a seat of the pants feel seems to
>>
>> Thanks for the previous posts regarding the Remus exhaust. I have spoken
>> with Jeff @ CarboTex, and he is currently selling the Ti & Carbo units for
>> the RS for ~ $440. [...]
>
> dennis, is that a quote for the grand prix or
> the genesis?
>
> maxmoto in san francisco has the grand prix in
> carb/ti at $360, and the genesis in carb/ti
> at $390, but that doesn't include the
> connector, which is listed at $99.
>
> also intending on a remus - al.

I had only briefly reviewed the CarboTex website before calling Jeff, so I
wasn't really aware of the differences. We had been discussing the Genesis
tri oval design (bigger at top, smaller at bottom), and he understood that I
have a street bike, so I'm sure that's what the quote was for. I think he
said the retail was $500 something, and there was no mention of having to
buy anything else, and he does stock the Ti unit. Hope this helps. Jeff
seems happy to take phone calls, so the best answer may be to call him and
get the scoop first hand.

Dennis
Scottsdale, AZ
'00 RS, miss me yellow