Re: [ST] Remus Exhaust Ride Report

Guys,

You are correct, I ordered the Genesis about 5 weeks ago and have ridden
with it for the last month. The cheapest price for the Genesis in Titanium
is the $440 (or near that price) from CarboTex - their price includes the
$99 adapter that MaxMoto charges for (MotoMax total is closer to $500+).

You're also correct that I promised a post-install report, and have yet to
deliver :) I don't have a digital camera, but if the weather holds, I am
riding to work tomorrow and will use my co-workers pocketpc to take some
pics of the pipe on the bike. Also, I should be able to catch some sound
files with the laptop. I'm not sure if those will do you any good, as the pc
microphone tends to be a bit limited.

For now, I'll tell you that I'm very impressed with the pipe, even though I
haven't gotten the new tune yet. The bike definitely pulls stronger,
especially in the mid-band, since adding the pipe. Everyone on the board
will scream at me that you can't tell anything without a dyno, but the
difference before and after was noticible (I promise).

The sound is stronger with more growl than the stock and less zippy sounding
than the two brothers pipe (those are the only two I've heard on a 955 to
compare). I really like the sound, it seems to add some throatiness and more
of the gurgle of the triple without being obnoxiously loud and whiny.

What I like the most is the construction. The Genesis is put together with a
high degree of quality and craftsmanship, and it shows. The Titanium is top
notch, solid. Additionally, the whole outside of the pipe is made of
titanium, including the tip at the back and the sloped end-caps at each end
of the exhaust. I have had several friends comment on the rivet-less design,
I think it exceeds most exhausts I have seen. I'm equally impressed that the
pipe doesn't ever need to be taken apart and repacked.

The tringular design isn't too aggressive (no sharp curves), just more of a
fat teardrop shape look than the typical oval exhaust.

Finally, the install was super simple, took about 30-45 minutes (I'm
obsessive about this kind of stuff.. It may take you more or less time.)

Hope this helps!! I will report back (hopefully soon) with pics and maybe an
attempt at a sound file.

Cheers,
- -forrest
'00 RS (soon to have the correct tune and a 17 tooth front sprocket)