Re: [ST] weird throttle happenings!

Mick wrote:
> I have a 99 ST with about 35,000Km on it and have never had a problem.
> However this morning I rode to work and found that when I turned the
> bars to the right (to manouvre or turn the 'engine management' and
> 'fuel' lights came on and the engine cut.

Mick,

This happened to my '99 also.
As has been stated the wiring was incorrectly routed and in my case one of
the wires was broken inside its insulation.

I simply pulled the fairing, uncovered the wiring harness where it enters
the ignition switch and soldered the damaged wire.

Took about 1 hour to remove everything, solder the wire and reassemble.

If you need more detail, mail me off list.

HTH,
Martin,
Ireland