Re: [ST] Tire problem

tires, well, last time I went on a 5 or 6k miles trip I ordered a set of
tires ahead of time. Called Ottawa Goodtime centre and asked them to
order a set of tires and put them aside. While I was there I also had an
oil change and wound up with new rear brake pads.

Made an appointment for 8am on a tuesday morning after a long weekend
and they had me on the road by 11 am. I probably ditched the tires on
the bike a bit early, but then again, probably worth it.

I've eard of several people who had randomly hit Honda/Yamaha shops, and
have received good service. Planning ahead is probably the key.

I fear my trip in fall is going to see me leaving with a new front, but
a rear with about 2 or 3 k miles left. So I will probably have to pick
up a new rear tire in California.

Tom

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002, Kevin Foster wrote:

> Hi, I just wanted to let fellow ST listers know of the service (or lack
> thereof) that I received at a Triumph dealership in northern Washington
> state. I rubbed the tread off my rear tire during a 4000km round trip from
> Alberta, Canada through Montana, Idaho and Washington. I approached the

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 14 months old, 21,400 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500