Re: [ST] Yes, this is how it is

"Matt Knowles" <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bill tragically related:
> >  With my eyes wide open I walked (at good speed) right into a plastic
> >mini-basketball hoop mounted perfectly at eye-level on my son's bedroom
> >door.
>
> So, that's how you classified it as a "sports" related injury. I
> thought maybe you were training for the marathon in your hallway. :-)

Yeah, it goes along with my mother's sports injury from 20+ years ago ...
she tripped over my brother's bowling ball while vacuuming, injuring her
ankle and foot.  I guess these things run in the family.  ;-)

Actually running into the basketball hoop is just the story I tell.  The
truth is I told my wife I was going to book a bunch of days off work and
ride my bike to the Rallye.  Without warning she slugged me, doing a number
on my eye with her diamond ring.  Now I just say: "Yes, Dear".  ;-)

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater, FL