From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Kevin Foster
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2002 6:25 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Tire problem

Hi, I just wanted to let fellow ST listers know of the service (or lack
thereof) that I received at a Triumph dealership in northern Washington
state. I rubbed the tread off my rear tire during a 4000km round trip
from
Alberta, Canada through Montana, Idaho and Washington. I approached the
dealer and explained my situation but was told that it would be about 10
days before they could do the job. I was forced to continue my journey
home
with a tire which had exposed cords and luckily, nothing bad happened.
Kudos
to my local dealer though, Echo Cycle in Edmonton: they replaced the
tire
without delay while I waited. My question is this: was it unreasonable
expect the dealer to do the job within a day or so given the
circumstances
and if it was, how do other people deal with unexpected tire problems
when
away from home? (And the tire was in reasonable condition before I left)

As a footnote, if you ever get a chance to go over the Logan Pass in
Glacier
National Park, it is well worth the ride!

Cheers
Kevin Foster
Edmonton, Alberta

*   *