RE: [ST] RE: Scottoiler

Interesting routing of the delivery tube. Personally, I find it way too
visible. I routed mine vertically down the main frame to underneath the
swingarm. I'd take a pic, but the bike's in the shop. To see what I'm
talking about, look at this pic from the Wale's website:
http://www.sprint-st.org/images/rw_scottoiler800.jpg My tube goes down the
frame to underneath the swingarm, just to the right of the exclamation point
you see. The kit comes with these nifty tube holders that stick onto the
frame, then hold the tube. It really isn't noticable that way and looks
professional. I stuck another tube holder underneath the swingarm so that
the tube runs just above the chain and terminates just before the rear
sprocket.

Except for the small bit of tube down the frame, it's completely invisible.

Also, IMO, the big reservoir is completely unnecessary. With the drip rate
set properly, you can go many thousands of miles before needing to refill
the basic unit. Eliminating the big reservoir adds many alternative and more
convenient mounting locations. For those with ST's, I recommend the location
shown in the pic linked above. Easy to check, easy to fill.

Oh, 18K on the original chain and rear sprocket. Never used anything but the
Scottoiler. Talk about carefree and easy!

- -Chris "Snow Dawg" Strizver

> Regarding the mounting of the delivery tube, mine touches the
> rear sprocket,
> and can be seen to be drawing underneath the rollers to the other side
> (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/keith.tynan/gallery/SprintST/scottoile
r-delivery
.jpg) making the company's newest offering of a double delivery tube
unnecessary.