[ST] a rant about $$, 24K service, and stalls

Please delete if you don't want to hear trite blathering from a tight-wad.

Just talked to the shop (CalBMWTriumph) my service cost has cross the $1K mark
($800 for 24K service, a leak complaint coming from the shifter seal $87,
coolant $64, and brake fluid $58 oh and tax). Also, they want to check if an
ignition wire is pinched because it stalled a couple times while the mechanic
was test riding it prior to service.

I read in the archive that the cost is about right, mine is really  6.5 hours
of labour and $230 worth of parts so about $795...  Now the extra moneys for
the brake and coolant is really stupid (hey look who's paying for it) since
it's recommended that they bleed and refill every 12K, wtf, why not include it.

I remember a couple months back that there was a thread on stalling and it was
the CO balance that was the culprit, yes? I'm hoping the new tune will remedy
that. I am also wondering if the gen-mar risers on my RS have something to do
with it. I've had them on for over a year and I've stalled just once and that
was last week. Pinched ignition wire? Another $87!

Okay, only happy thoughts now. Especially before going back into commute
traffic.

Tai
'00 RS - le pample-mousse